There are many reasons why a diverse range of professionals, including scientists and engineers, managers & C-level executives, lawyers, academics and government policy makers may engage a microfluidics consultant. Some examples of client needs we’ve met or would be happy to meet are described below.
- trouble-shooting product failure modes
- researching existing design options in the literature
- designing, CAD-ing and prototyping microfluidic chips according to a product’s physical specifications and/or performance targets
- mapping out a competitive technology landscape to highlight companies and technologies currently serving a product or application area
- identifying capabilities, infrastructure, network members etc. in a technology sector within a geographic area (for e.g. technology associations, government agencies, etc.)
Intellectual Property (IP) Research
- mapping out a competitive IP landscape to highlight product development and/or licencing opportunities
- looking at a company’s own patent estate to assess possible outside sales or infringement litigation opportunities
- examination of a competitor’s patent suite in a given technology or product area to identify likely upcoming products, their strengths & weaknesses
- subject matter expert for litigation, validity, etc.
Subject Matter Expert
- assisting applicant in preparing grant proposals that pertain to microfluidics, nanofluidics, MEMS, analytical chemistry
- assisting granting agencies with a review of submitted grant proposals in these areas
Please email us for more information.